10.25.2010

OMG WEEK

Oct. 26-Paper clips is a movie based on jew's who were tortured by nazi's and Hitler.The torturement began when Hitler persuaded others that jew's were a problem.Jew's had to wear star's on all their clothing.All jew's were sent to concentration camp.In Whitwell Middle School 8th grade peers thought of ways to represent the jew's who died in concentration camps.By getting paper clips the students collected over 20 million paper clips.They got to see holocaust people who survived concentration camps.WMS found a rail car and put 11 million paper clips in the rail car and made it a school treasure.When you walk out there there are butterflies on the walkway to represent the survivers and freedom.WMS  contacted a man and he was a pilot who dropped off food for the jewish people.He noticed a girl and she kissed his hand and he said "I'm a jew ,too".Later on he went to the medical room and asked how she was doing and they said "She died later on when you left."The movie Paper Clips was a sad movie.Here is a link to the Holocaust Project.[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_Clips_ Paper Clips] Oct. 27- Today is"Pair up against drugs".Mercy and I were supposed to be purple chicks.She wore dark purple. :(Oct.28-Today is "be a nerd day" its soo cool.I went as the anti-nerd.Everyone is wearing 3-D glasses with the lense out.It's funny.!!LOL!! It's hilarious cause today RUDY looks like a complete nerd.He has nerdy clothes and glasses;his hair is smooth and nerdy looking.Tommorow is  "Say BOO to Drugs".I'm going as the MAD HATTER!!I'm kinda scared it doesn't look good good on me. :(,but :?Oct.29-Today I had to do notes on my blog.I wrote my notes based on Bullying.Bullies often bully cause they want to feel better.Bullying can lead to suicidal things.The law says that bullying that leads to suicide is illegal.I saw a story saying that Megan M. was killed by a fake user on Myspace.She was only 13 years old.I  thought the fake user was another teen ,but it was a 43 year old woman.The woman was her neighbor.Also,the neighbor was her friend's mom.Her and her friend got in a fight and the friend's mother got revenge. :( (sad)Here are some links on bullying.


[http://www.brainpop.com/technology/computersandinternet/cyberbullying/ CyberBullying][http://www.brainpop.com/socialstudies/culture/bullying/ Bullying][http://www.brainpop.com/technology/computersandinternet/onlinesafety/ Online Safety]

No comments:

Post a Comment